Tuesday, November 22, 2011

my first anniversurgery *nudity warning*

On this day last year, I was recovering from my surgery.  In all I had a breast lift, implants, lipo on my hips and an abdominoplasty.  I blogged a lot about it at the time because I felt like it was something that should be seen and talked about.  Take the mystery away from it.  I had a really hard time finding any good pictures about what to expect.  In the end though, I was getting really weird hits to my blog which had nothing to do with finding good post op pictures, but rather just weird fetishy type searches. 

So while I won't post a bunch of skin pictures here, I do want to post at least a couple.  I think it's still important to see, so if you are squeamish, morally or socially opposed to plastic surgery, under the age of 18, or just judgy mcJudgypants, you should hit the back button and go no further.  You can't unsee this.

All the before pictures were taken on November 16th, 2010.  All of the after pictures were taken today unless otherwise noted.

But first, a word about surgery...


If you are thinking about the "mommy makeover" experience, which is what I had (although I hate calling it that because that makes it sound so trivial and like a day at the spa, which I assure you, it is NOT), consider that you're going to be recovering and needing long term help for at least 2 weeks.  I didn't feel like I rounded the bend until 10 days post op.  The pain was horrific but not intolerable.  Even though I was taking pain meds I didn't get much sleep because I'm a tummy sleeper and obviously one cannot sleep on their tummy after this for like 2 months.  You have to wear a compression garment for 4 weeks, maybe 6.  I felt like I couldn't breathe or stand up straight without it for probably 3 weeks.

You should not expect perfection.  You should understand that you will have scars and maybe some abnormal looking skin folds and indents and lines.  My hips are shaped differently.  One side is bigger than the other due to surgery.  I have weirdness on my hips and lower back from the liposuction.  The liposuction hurt worse than anything...my lower back and hips felt constantly asleep, numb, tingly and tight.  The drainage from the lipo gave me HORRENDOUS bruising in the shape of chaps across my butt and down my legs.  It was pretty nightmareish.  But that didn't hurt, it just looked crazy awful.

You might have numbness and loss of sensation on your scars.  I am just now starting to feel sensation in my nipples.  Like if you pinch AS HARD AS YOU CAN....I might be able to feel it.  No bueno.

All in all though, I'm so happy with the results.  I rarely complain about the way clothes fit and that I don't fit into anything.  I still have some work to do to get to where I feel strong and fit and where I want to be, but I'm not obsessed with my body.  I just want to be strong and healthy.  <3


Here's some before and afters.  If you want to see the really squeamish after pictures, I'll share but not here...email me.  amy dot m dot wilbanks at gmail dot com! 


Pictures!  Here ya go!
















a great comparison!

front comparison

side comparison

rocking a new swimsuit - 11/22/11


just me, feeling comfortable and happy.  <3




2 comments: