Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaBloPoMo 2011 + 30 Days of Love

Ahh, sweet November.  That magical month when all things become possible.  Like the myth of Christmas and having money to fund it with 5 children.  Like the perfectly browned turkey and not catching the house on fire ala broiled candied yams.  Like creating little Thanksgiving doodads with the kids hand prints and grateful notes made into paper chains.  Like Martha Stewart Holidays.

All things are possible in November.

...even posting a blog everyday for the month.

...even though I never complete the full 30 days.

...and yet, each year I attempt it.

Either I'm an eternal optimist or I'm a sucker for the challenge.  I'm going to go with that I'm a sucker and I continue to believe in myself most of all.  Yes.  It is possible that I just might be able to pull this off.

I can't say as much for the turkey though.  I know my limits.

NaBloPoMo (even after years of participating in this I still have to say it out loud to remember the acronym) or NationalBlogPostMonth, is not to be confused with NaNoWriMo.  That's when you're really crazy and think you can write a novel in a month.   I'll stick with the option to drop driveby posts such as:




 Let's see you do that in NaNoWriMo!  Ha! 

What is the "30 Days of Love" you ask?  Here's my explanation via Facebook post from earlier today.

"Amazing photographer and friend Timothy Wheaton invites everyone to participate in the "30 Days of Giving Love" challenge. All you have to do is express gratitude, love and thoughtfulness to people you adore. Read all about it! Incorporate it into your NaBloPoMo challenge! http://timwheaton.com/blog/index.php/archives/2065"

Go read the post and join me in sharing the love!

See how easy that was?  Now I'm going to get really crazy and try to add a self portrait each day too.  Here's Day One.  I call this one "Dorkalicious."


here's some outtakes...hard to choose!  I just finished painting my office so I'm having some fun in there with the color.  I think I'm in love with my new space!!!!!





1 comment:

  1. Gorg pix. I'm going to give th NaNoFuckMeImNuts challenge too. Because November is such a low key and quiet month, bwahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete