Monday, November 4, 2013

becoming a virgin

I never really drink that much at home. Maybe a beer with dinner or a glass of wine while watching a movie. Never hard alcohol, and never enough to get drunk. So it's not hard to not drink at home.

But when I go out, one of the things I look forward to the most is drinking. So looking forward to this week's evening adventures, I'm trying to be very aware of either planning to meet people at places where alcohol isn't on the menu but coffee (happy tears from Jesus himself) is.  Or if a non booze venue isn't an option, thinking ahead to what virgin drinks I might order since I'm not really a fan of soda these days and water just seems...so...boring.

I'm excited about this month being the crescendo to the holiday season because it means mulled cider is popular on menus! I'm not usually a big fan of sweet cocktails but I might try these yummy sounding virgin takes:

Safe Sex on the Beach recipe
3 oz cranberry juice
3 oz grapefruit juice
2 oz peach nectar
1 maraschino cherry


Horse's Ass recipe
1/2 part ginger ale
1/2 part soda water
 
 Cranberry Sangria
7 cups cranberry juice
5 peaches
1 lemon sliced
4 cups ice cubes
mint
 
Atomic Cat
equal parts oj and tonic water


In other news I made great beautiful strides today in getting my shit together. Got the kids up with enough time to eat a good breakfast (made pumpkin pancakes and sausage), and delivered everyone to school on time. Then I went for a good 45 minute walk around the WSU campus. Throughout the day I was able to still get some cleaning done while I babysat my two favorite babies. I feel fairly accomplished and satisfied today. And strong. I feel pretty proud of how strong and motivated I feel! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment